Thursday, September 30, 2010

Week 10 - Course evaluation

Overall, I have mixed feelings about this course. I feel like I've learnt a range of new skills in technology I wouldn't of been exposed to otherwise. Embedding you tube videos, creating links, writing blogs and even producing a 30 shot film within the space of two hours, are all online tools I wouldn't of explored otherwise. I think learning these tools has made me realise I can be creative and actively participate in the online community. Learning about the concept of culture jamming was interesting. I now don't look at everything at face value and think a bit more as to whether things are legitimate. I would say that I am happy with those tools I've learnt in the course.


On the other hand, some weeks I found the information we were sourcing was completely irrelevant. I understand most of it was to test our researching skills, but I don't think it was useful. However, looking at the course as a whole, I'm happy with how its been so far and I'm looking forward to researching virtual communities and whether they are a useful understanding of online life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment